Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Fifth Midnight: The Ghost Kiss

Okay, so he's not a ghost yet.

According to a recent Blockbuster Video poll, Ghost's pottery scene kiss was voted the most romantic of all time. Yes, it is a Soundtrack Kiss, but it's also a veritable treasure chest of phallic symbols and absent dialogue that makes this kiss a delight to ad lib.



0:11 Sam: Oh, Molly, that is sooo G.I. Jane.
0:14 Molly: Either you licked my fingers or the magic hand sanitizer fairy slipped in through the window.
0:21 Sam: I'm one spin away from igniting this sheet on the lamp, but passion knows no fire safety. Did you know I was a dancer?
0:52 Molly: With a stomach like that, I can almost forget you look like that guy from that awful movie, Roadhouse.
1:10 Molly: I'm opening my mouth, but there's no rain.
1:20 Sam: I perfected this sway. I call it the Johnny Castle sway.
1:41 Sam: Did you get pottery goo in my hair? My coiffure looks like Liberace in silhouette.

Ad lib, ad nauseum, Vortex readers...

3 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

That's another favourite of mine with Unchained Melody. Loved that movie. Watched it over Christmas. Sigh.

Marilyn Brant said...

LOL. I hadn't seen this in a long while, but your play-by-play commentary brought all those unspoken lines right back, with a new favorite (your 0:21 addition :). Thanks!

Miladysa said...

I liked the film but didn't *LOVE* it.