1. Patty Love is not a hamburger joint. The mannequins in whips and proximity to Condoms-to-Go should have been my first clue. But Laura Ingalls does not venture often, nay-ever, to that part of Dallas. So I did what any tourist would do. Take a picture!Sadly, I was laughing too hard for it to show clearly. Thankfully, it was too blurry to capture any tom-foolery in the silver car and said driver did not pursue us for inadvertently snapping his license plate.
2. Physicists come in all kinds of beautiful, kind packages. Angela, so great to meet you!
3. Margie Lawson was, and is forevermore, my rock star of fiction writing.4. Bestselling fiction author Harlan Coban has characters with eyeballs that could compete in the Olympic Games.
5. Backloaded power words on the first two pages of my WIP: change, Pier, thrills, beach, gravity, shit-canned, truth, spiked. Can I mine more by changing sentence order? Oh, yeah.
6. A sensible black tote is a black hole that swallows red pens needed for Margie's EDITS system. Dialogue cues be damned!
7. Wine tastes infinitely better when shared with the best critique partners. Evah.8. Everything in the South is filled with nuts. Including the South, itself.
9. One Big-Gulp, Super-Empowered passage per book. Too much of a Big Gulp is a very bad thing.
10. Sometimes the most dazzling moments are unexpected ones on a two-floor elevator ride.
I hope everyone had an amazing weekend. Wednesday, we're tackling what the shows stored in your DVR or Tivo say about you. I have a special sumpthin-sumpthin for anyone here who, before Wednesday, comes closest to accurately guessing how many MacGyver reruns are stored in mine. Guess away...