Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's Not Camp, But It'll Do

Camp: Day Three. By this point, I'm willing to bet a pile of Bill Murray's shelled peanuts that you look and smell better than I do. I'm also willing to bet I'm having more fun. So there.

I can't offer you Camp Northstar-caliber fun, but I can let you in on some recently discovered links:

50 Most Interesting Wikipedia Articles
If you can't find something on this list that sparks your interest or writing muse then you might want to check for a pulse. From a phone booth in the middle of the Mojave (they're everywhere, are they not?) to the rare-known fairy chess piece, there's something here for everyone.

Miniature Book Necklaces
Quite possibly the cutest jewelry I have ever seen. Ever. Five search pages of your favorite classics turned into adorable charms.

Telephone Songs
So you're bored and musically inclined? I have just the thing for you. Numbers that translate a few classic songs on your telephone's keypad.

Parody of Homeland.gov
A close cousin to the airplane emergency card parody site, this one tackles those ambivalent illustrations to combat today's more advanced threats.

I'll be back Friday with, no doubt, enough stories to fill a brand-new Vortex 10 List. Until then, don't have too much fun without me.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Okay, I know I've been out of town for a while, but you're at camp while I'm out looking for Sasquatch around the country? I'm doing serious, scientific things like locating the founder of beef jerky and you're at vacation spots relaxing in the sun?? This is no fare. You didn't even call a vote to see if we'd all go with you.

L.A. Mitchell said...

@Rick...Vacation? Uh, it was a little like corralling Sasquatch only it wasn't a nebulous single entity but an entire army of ten year olds. It was fun, though. An entirely different *kind* of fun :)