Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A True Hero Could Find A Size 10

What, pray tell, am I doing this week instead of providing extensive, contemplative posts about time theory or musing on the navel-gazing writers are prone to? Shopping for shoes, of course. RWA's National Conference is in two weeks, and as much as I hate to alienate myself among the fairer sex, I confess I dislike shoe shopping intensely. I might as well be seeking out Jimmy Choo Marine Flippers. They don't exist. Cute shoes are an urban myth for tall girls. A rare treasure, buried in the vast DSW ocean.

So while I swim from retail island to retail island, seeking out non-orthopedic soles and bling that doesn't look like a rock unearthed from my garden, enjoy this hump-day diversion.

Buck Tuddrussell (ladies, you can't use that for a hero name, it's mine now) is battling against time, literally. Travel with him through history and help him destroy the hourglasses. Why? Who cares? Time suck has no motivation.





How did you do?

10 comments:

the walking man said...

450 the second time and I still kept getting my shooting and moving fingers confused.

Size 10? Really? Them feet wasn't made for walking they was made for ass kicking.

Charles Gramlich said...

Methinks Mark has a point.

Barbara Martin said...

949 the second time and decided to quit while I was ahead.

Size 10? We have the same shoe size. The same interest in time theory and time travel. Hmmm...

laughingwolf said...

hmmm at 6'4" i take a size 12 in my cowboy boot ;) lol

Robin said...

You crack me up! Good luck in your search for the perfect footwear! Do you have a dress already for the big night?

L.A. Mitchell said...

@walkingman - 9 1/2 on a good day. Although small feet would seriously challenge my Amazonian challenge of grace.

@Charles - you people give me a complex.

@Barbara - now THAT's a butt kicking. Fist bump, sister, on the points and the shoe size :)

@laughingwolf - handy for measuring a room in feet if you're not in CANADA :)

@Robin - I do have a dress. It's not a color I would normally pick, but that's the point, right? Steppin' out ;)

Pamela Cayne said...

L.A.--yet further proof we're somehow spiritually related. I wear a 10.5, which translates into an 11. No, nobody makes cute shoes above an 8, and if one more freakin' shoe salesperson brings me a 10 (or 9) because somehow I seemed uncertain when I said 11, I'm going to hurt them.

laughingwolf said...

lol... fur shur, lam ;)

the walking man said...

HEY I got mail, thank you very much.

L.A. Mitchell said...

@Pamela - Wow, hon. I SO feel your pain. Glad I'm not the only one :)

@laughingwolf - ;)

@walkingman - yeah! That was fast. Let us know when you have a Hitchcock-fest and which one is your favorite. I REALLY, REALLY wanted to watch the one where the woman gets on the train.

Also, I had NO IDEA my post font was so big. That teaches me *not* to use my laptop to post.