Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Little Time Travel Romances


So it's not any news that directly pertains to my novels, but it is further proof the time travel romance sub-genre is alive and well and oh, so beauuuutiful.

The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance, edited by London's Murder One bookstore manager Trisha Telep, is a collection of twenty five time travel short stories from some of the romance industry's heavy hitters: Nina Bangs, Jude Devereaux, Sandra Hill, Linda Howard, Lynn Kurland, Karen Marie Moning and many more.

This collection includes stories set in Medieval Scotland, sixteenth century England, the American Wild West, the present day and, of course, the future. It's set to release in the UK in October, the US in December, but it's available for pre-order now with Amazon. Could the cover art gods have been any kinder? Yum. Or maybe he just looks that much better when placed aside Bob Ross.

If you can't wait until the fall to get your hands on a great time travel romance, here's a list of fairly recent time travel romances broken down into sub-sub-genre. And I'm slowly making my way through this blogger's list because he had some time travel novels that I'd not heard of that sound amazing.

Is this sub-genre on the upswing? A girl can hope.

8 comments:

K.M. Saint James said...

Yummy! is absolutely the word. Where is he? And can I get one?

Glad your 4th was uneventful, i.e. no unexpected guest.

Hey, that guy in the top looks like Bob Villa (think that's the spelling). Did you hear he died the past week? Hit his head on a bumpy plane ride and the next day he was gone.

Kinda spooky with all the big names who are leaving all of the sudden.

Charles Gramlich said...

Had to laugh at the Bob Ross photo. Lana watches his show every Sunday and often I do to. Love his "happy little trees."

L.A. Mitchell said...

@Sandra - I think you mean Billy Mays. Bob Ross is a totally awesome, free spirit this world could use more of.

@Charles - I'm with Lana. How can you *not* watch? It's like downing a bottle of happy pills when you get to the end of the half hour.

Katie Reus said...

Linda Howard? I know she wrote at least one time travel but I didn't know she'd ever written a short time travel! Looking forward to when it comes out :) I'm a fan of this genre so I hope it's on the upswing!

Robin said...

I'll hope with you and for you! I'm thinking the right place and right time are about to happen for you!

Marilyn Brant said...

I loved Jude Devereaux's "Knight in Shining Armor"--sigh :). Isn't "The Time Traveler's Wife" going to be a film soon?? I thought I heard it was coming out...

Caryn Caldwell said...

Oh, fun! I love time travel romances, and I'm always on the lookout for some good ones. And I agree - that cover is yummy. Though I admit that seeing the Bob Ross picture made me smile because it brought back good memories.

L.A. Mitchell said...

@Katie - I don't think I've ever read one of Linda Howard's shorts.

@Robin - Is this courtesy of the magic 8 ball? Thank you for the vote of confidence.

@Marilyn - I know! It's taken forever because they had to wait for Eric Bana's hair to grow out. Geez, don't they know people are waiting?

@Caryn - He makes me smile, too :)