Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Quest for Father Time

It's not even Christmas yet, I know, but I wouldn't be doing my time-obsessed duty it I didn't pass along this opportunity. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near the cities participating in the New Year's Eve Adventure Game: The Quest for Father Time. According to my trusty Statcounter, however, some of you are, so I offer this up as a treat for a memorable way to bring in 2009.

Ravenchase Adventures has put together a world-wide event, promoted as a cross between The Amazing Race, The DaVinci Code and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Here's the game's premise:

The Past

Every year, Old Father Time does his best to keep his gnarled fingers wrapped around time’s hourglass, preventing the change from one year to the next. Though stubborn, Time considers himself fair and has thus created a wild, intellectual challenge for you and your team to solve.

The Present

With a healthy dose of irony, you and your teammates must race against the clock to guarantee that time’s forward progress will continue. At once fighting for and against time, you and your fellow chrononauts will test your mental courage and intellectual prowess against not only that of Father Time, but also that of the other competitors.

The Future

With the help of your map and your clues, you will find Time’s clues and secrets hidden throughout your city. Solve them as quickly as possible, and get to the after-party in time to celebrate your success and welcome the arrival of 2009 in high style. Champagne will be on hand for everyone, but only the most successful chrononauts will enjoy Father Time’s fabulously tacky prizes.

Participating cities and links to more information on team formation and cost:

Honolulu, Hawaii
Nashville, Tennessee
New Orleans, Louisiana
Paris, France
Princeton, New Jersey
Richmond, Virginia

If you hear of anyone who participates in this, pass it along. I'd love to hear about it.

How do you usually spend New Year's Eve?

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Lana and I inadvertently participated in geochaching the other day when we were at the nature center. We found two caches by accident. It was kind of cool.

Marilyn Brant said...

I was part of a city-wide scavenger hunt once when I was in college, but this sounds even cooler...

My New Year's Eve will be a simple family thing--snacks, cocoa, TV. I'd have called it "boring" a couple of decades ago, but times change. What'll you be doing?

Vesper said...

Sounds cool, but even if it were to happen in Montreal I wouldn't have the energy for it, or the ...time. :-)

laughingwolf said...

montreal, v? i'd pass if it was here in halifax... warm weather'd be a different story, though ;) lol

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they have a cyber-version of this?

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.