Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Dentist Epilogue

Remember this guy from last week's post?

He visited me about six am, Sunday morning. I kid, often, about Fabios and Hasselhoffs and time travel, but to say I am deadpan-serious about this dream would be an understatement. Therefore, I wish to change my theory to the "dream imitation theory" which states: "This is a scientific psycho-sociological theory which claims that this phenomenon has arisen casually and has progressively developed by imitation. Basically when people are exposed to this phenomenon they become so deeply impressed that they start seeing this man in their dreams."


Not that I'd go so far as to say I was deeply impressed.

I had tossed out a scenario in my previous post about a walking-down-the-street-in-a-bathrobe dream and seeing this man. For me, there was no bathrobe, just a crowded New York-ish city block. Dentist guy was ahead of me in a tan raincoat, like a flasher. He stopped, completely interrupting the heavy foot-traffic flow, turned and BAM. Exactly that face. I don't often wake from dreams abruptly, but I sat up in bed on this one. How powerful suggestion is, right?

Why doesn't this happen with other, more useful things? Like this:



or this?








or this?




Heck, why hold back?














3 (still)


4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

You really dreamed about him? Hum, interesting. I have to say I'm in general a pretty skeptical person. I have made suggestions to myself at night and have dreamed some element of them. Dreaming about something you think about is not unusual of course.

the walking man said...

Have you been by chance taking any sleep aids? Because seriously you need to get that dude out yo head now! hahahahahah

There is as you have backhandedly said a positive element to not having dreams during sleep.

Restaurant Cleaning Visalia said...

Good post

Restaurant Cleaning Visalia said...

Hello niice post