Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

For the Twenty-Fifth Hour of the Day

Who knew there was an X-box 360 game labeled "psychological thriller"? I'm only beginning to grasp this label as it pertains to my own writing (and if I'm not mistaken, the game should really be labeled "psychological action suspense", but maybe thriller sells to more middle-aged gamers.) That's certainly its sales demographic.

The game is Alan Wake. Released in May 2010, the storyline follows the main character, a bestselling thriller writer who has lost his muse. In an attempt to restore his mojo, he and his wife vacation in Norman-Rockwell-esque Bright Falls where the small, idyllic town slips into six ways of creepy. Characters from Alan's books haunt him and soon he can't distinguish fantasy from reality. It's television-quality, episodic, and the first of many chapters to come.

The trailer looks amazing. Too bad I have my own manuscript pages to uncover instead of the ones hiding clues in Alan's world.

Last virtual-reality game played: X-files (I know! So last decade)

What computerized games make you lose track of time?

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've heard of this game but had no idea what it was about. I have an Xbox 360 it so happens.

Jen FitzGerald said...

I've gotten so far from playing any sort of computer/video games. But I like the sim type games--not The Sims, specifically, but Sim Tower, Zoo Tycoon, Hotel Giant, Sim City, Sim Farm etc.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Oh geez, does "FarmVille" count? LOL

the walking man said...

Uhhhh is it on POGO? Thanks for your comment now I have your web addy again. Long story of me being pissed off and deleting my blog and the addresses being the one unrecoverable aspect. bwhahahahahahah

What is an X-box the container for your game?

laughingwolf said...

i don't game...