Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Golden Hearts and Vortex Winners

My novel Until Midnight has just been nominated for Romance Writers of America's 2009 Golden Heart Award! Could have been the "Waiting-For-The-Call" t-shirt I'm wearing today. Good mojo there.

Here's the blurb:

Ryan Beck is an agent assassin for The Assembly, a rogue government organization he's grown to despise. His allegiance to their top-secret agenda marked his descent from patriot to criminal and cost him his wife and his honor. He wants out, but must complete one last misison to stay alive: obtain a serum from a ruthless scientist and use it as a bargaining chip for freedom.

Medical researcher Emma Parrish believes the time serum her brilliant but misunderstood father never completed is the holy grail of medicine. The same men who hunted her father want the formula, along with an unforgettable stranger who seems to know the future as completely as the part of herself she shields from the world.

A sniper's bullet reaches Beck's target first and shatters his mission into a reverse maze of deceit and time-altering events. His only chance for escape is to find the moment the deadly chain of events began, somewhere at the cross hairs of loyalty and desire.

~

And on the Vortex Scavenger Hunt, we have a winner! Whoot for Todd and for his love of a frozen Ted Williams. Be sure to pop back here and let us know what you get with your Amazon spending spree.

That's all for now. A happy hump day, indeed.

17 comments:

Marilyn Brant said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, L.A.!!!!!! (Definitely a day for exclamation points!!! :-) Just got back home and checked the RWA site...grinned HUGELY when I saw your name there. Can't wait to cheer you on in D.C.--Go celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Thanks L.A. Let's see, looks like I could buy Love, Texas Style at Amazon. :)

And congrats on the nomination!

Anonymous said...

I am so THRILLED for you! Can't wait to jump up and down and hoot and holler when you win in DC.

WOO HOO!!!

Charles Gramlich said...

That's really cool about your book. Congrats. And congrats to Todd!

Maureen McGowan said...

Such fabulous news!!!!! Like Marilyn, I can't contain the exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi Betts said...

Congrats, L.A.! Fabulous news, & I'll be in D.C., so I'll be rooting for you! :-D

the walking man said...

Hot Damn! Alright, congratulations, now don't take that T shirt off until they give you the award!

K.M. Saint James said...

Oh, LA, I'm so excited for you! You are one of the hardest working, most dedicated writers that I know. You are always pushing the limits and testing your skills to become better. Clearly, all that genius shows in your writing.

This time, no pun intended, it's so your turn!

Congrats, you finalist you! Hey, what does that make you when you final twice? A two-fer? (GRIN)

L.A. Mitchell said...

Marilyn...your enthusiasm just oozes! This time I won't have your brilliant Women's Fiction book in my way :) I can't wait to see you again this summer.

Todd...thank you. I'm not sure L, TS would be your cup of tea, but the thought is much appreciated. Let me know if you didn't get the gift card yesterday.

Pam...my own cheering section? Led by a bullhorn? I think I love you :D

Charles...thank you :)

Maureen...if you weren't in Canada, I'd come over and pop that #1 key out of your keyboard :)

Heidi...thanks for stopping by.

walkingman...are you superstitious? The ceremony in D.C. is like the Oscars for the romance writing industry. My ratty kitty shirt would hardly fit in with the formals. Maybe I'll wear it to bed the night before for luck.

L.A. Mitchell said...

Sandra...thank you! {{{big hugs}}}. I was called a "finalist wench" yesterday. I rather like that :D

Katie Reus said...

So awesome!!! The GH is vera cool so mega congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Huge congratulations to you! That's an accomplishment indeed!

Becky Burkheart said...

Awesome!!!!

Barbara Martin said...

Congrats on your book, L.A.! That's an achievement feather for your hat.

And congrats to Todd on his win.

Miladysa said...

Congratulations everyond and well done!

Vesper said...

Congartulations, L.A.!!! Fantastic news! :-) :-) :-)

Osondu Nnamdi Awaraka said...

Well, CONGRATULATIONS then!