Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

A View from the Other Side

Friday night's booksigning was surreal. For the dozens, maybe hundreds, of times I'd stood on the other side of the table to support authors, the view from behind the stacked books and name placard rivaled any on this journey to date. Few times have I broken free of the tangled forest that's so isolating along the way and been able to enjoy such an intoxicating vista. A heady taste of what's to come should I stay the course.


A huge thanks to Sherry, Melanie and Mary for allowing me the diva crown for the night, to my fellow Love, Texas Style authors: Christine, Nikki, Mary, Gina and Jen for their support and friendship, and to those readers who came out to sample a little romance, Texas style.


Above (l-r): me, Sherry Davis, Gina Lee Nelson

At left: Love, Texas Style authors (bottom l-r: Nikki Hollaway, Christine Crocker, Mary Malcolm; top l-r: me, Gina Lee Nelson)

Two sick days (and no, it wasn't Friday's celebratory martinis) later, I'm back on course with Sherry's writing challenge. Daily word count. No excuses.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to put a (recent)face(s)to a name. What a bevy of beauty behind a great compilation..

Maureen McGowan said...

Congrats on your booksigning! What a huge milestone!

Marilyn Brant said...

Congratulations, L.A., on the first of MANY booksignings! Got the lovely bookmark and have already put it to use :).

Sherry A Davis said...

LA, I'm so glad to see you up and walking (writing?) again. I was really worried :(

Hugs,
Sherry

Kim Lenox said...

Dallas was so much fun!! It was great to see you ladies there!!

L.A. Mitchell said...

TS: Flattery will get you everywhere--okay, bumped to higher real estate on my blogroll, how's that? :)

Marilyn, glad you got it. I didn't have one of those metallic pens to sign it. You didn't want my scribble anyway, did you?

Maureen, I'll be at national next year to snap a picture of you signing--best First book.

Kim, I wish I could have thanked you in person. If we don't cross paths, I'll be looking for your signings in October. Can't wait to read your book!

Todd Wheeler said...

Congrats LA! Looks like it was a fun time.