Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

One Year and Seven Random Facts

Despite January marking the one year anniversary of this blog (Wow, that's a lot of philosophical bs), this is an inaugural MEME, tagged officially by Marilyn, unofficially by Maureen:

The rules of this MEME:
Link to the person who tagged you.

Leave a comment on their blog, so their readers can visit you.

Post the rules on your blog.

Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

Tag 7 random people at the end of your blog.

Include links to their blogs and let each of them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Here goes:

1. The only celebrity I've been close enough to smell was Ted Nugent. I know, right? Oh, and I got a hug from Scott Thompson Baker. If you weren't a GH fan around 1988, this will mean nada. While googling for a picture of him as Colton Shore, I ran across this beaut of him as Kudak'Etan in a Star Trek DSN episode. Do you recognize him now? I assure you, my encounter was infinately more satisfying with him than with the Motor City Madman.

2. I once roamed the dark streets of Munich, lost and alone for four hours when I was 18.

3. I prefer beer to any other form of alcohol. My favorite? Warm German beer mixed with lemonade.

4. I've seen a ghost.

5. A T.V. addiction I'll rarely admit to: Little House on the Prairie

6. I once wrote to Paramount Pictures under the pretense of an article about positive media influences on teenagers to satisfy my Richard Dean Anderson infatuation. They sent me a press kit so complete, the only things missing were duct tape and the chewing gum he used to make a bomb in season one. Can anyone say "shrine"?

7. There was a moment--a brief flash of near-death--nine years ago that I don't remember. I believe that instant was filled with nothing less than a guardian angel, and I've often wondered if it was one of those pre-ordained "exit" moments some believe we have in our lifetime.

And, in the interest of not wanting to unleash bad MEME karma, I tag: Sandra, Sherry, Jayliss, Andrea, Delores, Shannon and Melanie.

4 comments:

Marilyn Brant said...

With the exception of my inability to share in your beer-drinking preferences (there is no beer--foreign or domestic--that I can tolerate), we are SO alike, L.A.

You already know how I feel about "MacGyver"...and I absolutely LOVE that story about how you wrote to Paramount!

I haven't had a near-death flash, but I did have a brief guardian-angel-like moment once. We'll need to sit down with (different :) beverages and talk about these experiences sometime...

Andrea Geist said...

I'm not putting this o n our blog since we are in the middle of our round robin story. Great fun - sparklethis.blogspot.com

7 random or weird facts about me - this is difficult since I am weird so my facts seem ordinary.

1) As a child I would get so anxious, nervous and worried about what would happen during the Wonderful World of Disney that I would have to leave the room and stop watching the TV. I mean what if the cougar got shot?

2) I would have graduated college in 3 1/2 years but I was struggling in Advanced French Grammar. So I dropped my Italian and German electives. I studied and worried like I hadn't done throughout college. My final semester I took 2 electives: Human Sexuality and Music Appreciation.

3)I love sea salt and vinegar potato chips.

4) I had a crush on Donny Osmond of the Osmond brothers when I was a kid - posters on the wall, day dreams and staring at the album cover.

5) In my twenties 'something' would come into my room and shake the bed and call to me. I never opened my eyes, I was terrified. Once my boyfriend asked if someone had just been in the room.

6)I was a drama geek in junior high and highschool.

7) I used to watch Young Guns on TV. talk about silly!

L.A. Mitchell said...

Andrea,
I can totally see you in #1 :)

Who knew we have the same favorite chips? The Kettle ones are better than the Pringles.

Loved learning this stuff about you!

Sherry A Davis said...

L.A., love the NDE story. You have to tell me more next time we sit down with a glass (wine for me and beer for you). Seven years ago? Hmmm.

I also loved RDA. And you know I'm a Stargate SG-1 fan, so I won't gush. (He's mine, okay? You're too young for him.)

Okay, seven weird things about me?

Hmm. Well, that thing I told you all on Christmas at Andrea's, for one. My mom is still a little freaked :) I won't be posting that on my blog, though. For the official seven, you'll have to visit me.